Friday, December 30, 2011

DBCA hangs, does not respond after clicking finish using Xmin

When I tried to create/configure database using DBCA at 11g release 2, DBCA hung or did not respond after 
clicking finish button and 

Cause:
             X Client I was using was XMING, which had a kind of bug.
Solution:
             After installing Xming complete font package, I could create database using DBCA, this problem exist with Xming at Linux or Unix enviromnets in my case it was AIX 7.

Oracle Support Note: 727290.1.

9 comments:

  1. You saved my day. I had exactly the same problem :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just install the complete xming fonts! nice! =)
    "Xming-fonts-7-5-0-70-setup.exe"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had exactly same problem..Just installed Xming-fonts-7-5-0-70-setup.exe

    ReplyDelete
  4. super, it worked a treat.
    Thanks for your help I wasted 1 hour before I found this solution. I would have never found it without your help because there is no clue in the logs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great solution !!!!
    fantastico

    ReplyDelete
  6. You saved my day as well!!!. After the fonts are installed on the existing xming dir the dbca works like a charm!!!

    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete